Around 5-10% of women face the problem of hirsutism. Hirsutism is a condition where there is excessive growth of body hair in women. Nowadays, it is a widespread type of disease. It can refer to a male pattern of hair growth in womenâ€™s bodies.
However, there are many treatments for hirsutism.
But sometimes it can lead to depression and a worrying factor among girls. Most of the girls face the problem of facial hair growth.
Causes of Hirsutism:
- It is a result of endocrine imbalance, which can be adrenal, ovarian, or central.
- Increased level of androgen hormones.
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
- Adrenal Gland Disorders.
- Cushing Syndrome
- Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia
Indication of Hirsutism:
The process of an increased level of androgens id known as Virilization. So the symptoms of early signs may include:
- Deepening voice
- Enlargement of the clitoris
- Increased muscle mass
- Decreased breast size.
- Hirsutism can lower oneâ€™s morale, especially in women. It can profoundly affect them. Some women feel uncomfortable about having unwanted hair on other parts of the body.
- On the other hand, if a woman is facing irregular periods and unwanted growth in the face or on different parts of the body, then she is suffering from PCOS.
- Women who face hirsutism should take certain medications and also avoid pregnancy because it can increase the risk of congenital disabilities.
- Â Several conditions that cause hirsutism consist of congenital Adrenal hyperplasia and PCOS.
- If it already exists in ancestors.
- Being obese leads to an increase in androgen production, which can worsen hirsutism.
Treatments for Hirsutism:
- Intake of medicine such as anabolic steroids for hormones, Rogaine that spur hair growth.
- Weight loss
- Tweezing or threading
- Hair removal creams.
- Laser Hair Removal treatments
Any woman cannot prevent or avoid hirsutism. However, certain medications and treatments can help them to get over it.
If any woman can see the early symptoms, she should immediately concern a doctor.
The doctor will test to check the hormonal level, or they may go to an ultrasound to check the ovaries or a CT scan of the adrenal glands.